According to the United States
Department of State
- Russia offered to share information and the use of their
airspace for humanitarian flights.
- China offered to share information.
- India offered to share information and pledged support of U.S.
- Japan offered diplomatic and military (logistical) support, and
assistance to Pakistan.
- Australia offered combat military forces and invoked Article IV
of the ANZUS Treaty, declaring September 11 an attack on
- South Korea offered military medical and air and naval logistics
- UAE and Saudi Arabia broke diplomatic relations with the
- Pakistan agreed to cooperate fully with the request for
assistance and support.
- Secured over flight and landing rights from 27 countries.
- Obtained 46 multilateral declarations of support.
- 19 nations of NATO invoked Article V declaring an attack on one
as an attack on all.
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously enacted a
binding resolution requiring all member states to pursue
terrorists and those who support them, including financial support